DoorDash was a US-based company founded in 2013 which provides on-demand food delivery services. DoorDash currently operates in over 4000 cities in the US, Australia, and Canada, becoming the largest American food delivery company. In this article, we will discuss getting a refund from DoorDash, if it doesn’t satisfy the customer for any reason.
The reason may be food not arriving at your home, bad quality of food or any other. Whether it’s any reason which leads to dissatisfaction or frustrates you, in that case, you want to get a refund from DoorDash.
It really disappoints us when we order food from our favorite restaurant, waiting for the delivery of food. And we realized that something went wrong with the order. In this case, we want a refund from DoorDash, but how do we get it? You don’t need to go to the restaurants and demand a refund for your order, you can do it with the app. As the delivery services like DoorDash provides you services like refund via the app. So, you can get a refund via phone at your own place.
You can request a refund after delivery or before delivery. but it is depending on the situation that either they accept the refund request or decline the refund request. DoorDash can approve a full refund request if the order has not been yet confirmed by restaurants or assigned to a Dasher. However, you will get a full refund or partial refund depending upon the reason for the refund.
How to Get a Refund from DoorDash
Let us know how to request on DoorDash to get a refund and how the cancellation process works.
To request a refund, you need to go to the order and fill out the refund request through the DoorDash app. When you report the issues with your order, it will give you the option to choose either a refund to your bank account or account credit for a future order.
DoorDash App / DoorDash Website
For requesting a refund using the DoorDash app or DoorDash website, follow the steps below to get a refund for your order.
- Open the DoorDash app or visit the DoorDash website www.doordash.com. Login to your DoorDash account.
- Go to the Orders tab, then choose the order on which you want to request a refund.
- Now click on the Help option and select from the list of options that happens to you.
- Add the additional details about the reason for the refund in the details section then submit your report.
Read More: How To Make Money While You Sleep?
DoorDash Call Support
You can request a refund using DoorDash customer service on 855 973 1040 and explain your problem with your order and request for refund. Sometimes DoorDash suspends their phone customer service when they experience a high volume of customer requests. In that scenario, you can use the live chat option to get a refund.
DoorDash Live Chat Service
DoorDash provides its customers the Live Chat service. So, if you don’t want to request for refund via phone call, mobile, or app. Then you will do it via live chat support. For using this option, go to the Contact Us Customer Support page and click on the chat icon. Inform the customer service about your issue and provide the details of why you want your money back.
Issues for Refund
DoorDash will provide you a refund on a wide range of issues including:
- You will get someone else’s order
- Missing items in Order
- Order not arrived at your location
- Order delivered late than the estimated delivery time
- Food made incorrectly
- The issue with the quality of Food.
- The issue with Food quality
Read More: Does Walmart take Apple Pay?
DoorDash Refund Policy – DoorDash Food Refund & DoorDash Subscription Refund
DoorDash Food Refund Policy
DoorDash already specifies in its terms of service that any charges for completed and delivered orders are final and this final amount is not refundable. DoorDash specifies that there is a bit of leeway in situations when the order has not been completed or delivered. However, the company also says in its terms that a dissatisfied customer may grant a refund or account credit at their sole discretion on a case by case basis. That means if you deserve a refund then you will surely get it.
DoorDash Subscription Refund Policy
- If you have a DashPass subscription service of $9.99 per month you will get free delivery on orders of $ 15 or above. But if you don’t want this subscription service at all, then how to get your money back and how much money you would get back. Let’s see what DoorDash says about its DashPass refund service.
- If you have a free trial or promo subscription period for DashPass, you will get a full refund of the subscription fee if you cancel the service within 48 hours of purchasing.
- If you have a monthly DashPass Subscription and want to cancel it. You will be eligible to get money back if you cancel the request within 48 hours and have not submitted an order using DashPass during that time.
- If you have an annual subscription and want to cancel it. You may get your money back if you request to cancel the subscription within 30 days of placing your first DashPass eligible order.
- If you cancel the subscription at any time rather than the eligible time to get money back, you would not get a refund but you will get reduced fees.
- If the company made any modifications to the current DashPass subscription, you would not agree with them. They will cancel the subscription plan and refund you on a pro-rata basis, counting from the last month in which you canceled the subscription.
Read More: How To Make Money With a Blog for Beginners?
When does DoorDash make your refund?
If Your complaint is appropriate for a refund, it will process your refund immediately. It takes approx. 5-7 days to get the amount in your bank account. You can check the status of your refund on the DoorDash app by navigating to the Orders tab then Order History. You will see here the receipt along with the details like the refunded amount and refund issue date.
DoorDash is a popular and trusted company that delivers food items in a timely manner. But sometimes we may get disappointed for any reason and want our money back. But many customers don’t know how to get a refund.
In this article, we describe how to request a refund and in which cases you will be eligible for getting a refund from DoorDash. I hope you will understand and request a refund. There are three ways in which we can ask for a refund; first is using the DoorDash app or DoorDash Website, second is by making a phone call to the DoorDash Customer Service and the third one is to get directly connected with the customer service support using the Live Chat option.
You can request a refund using any of the methods. So, I hope you will know now how to request your money back from DoorDash.
You may also like: