NBC is one of the biggest channels out there, and their great contents tend to attract a lot of people on a regular basis. And we all would like to watch those great content on our TV with the help of our streaming devices. But more often, we get stuck. We are unable to locate the app or activate the app to take advantage of its whole collection of features.
Today, I am gonna help you solve that problem. I will guide you through the step-by-step process of getting the streaming app installed on your device and as well as activating it so that you are able to enjoy the features of the app to their fullest.
The steps that I will provide are pretty easy to follow and it should not be very hard to get it done. You would need a few things which I will mention. So, let’s get to it.
Things that would be required:
There are few things that are going to be required by you beforehand to get it done. Please make sure that you have these things before getting to the steps which I will provide to get the NBC on your streaming device.
Here is the list of things that you would need to get NBC on your streaming device:
- A PC or a laptop – this would be essential to activate the app for your streaming device. It can also be done by a smartphone, however, I would recommend getting a larger screen, but if it is not available then the smartphone would have to do.
- Wi-Fi – Everything requires the internet. You would need it to run your streaming device, and also, you would need internet access to get the activation done from your PC or laptop or your smartphone. So, please make sure that you have a stable internet connection to get the job done.
- Streaming device – this goes without saying. You want to watch NBC on your streaming device, you would need a streaming device. It doesn’t matter which one you have. I will provide the steps for Roku TV, Fire TV, and Apple TV as well.
Once you have all the above-mentioned things, proceed further with the steps to get the NBC on your streaming device.
NBC on Roku TV
I am gonna start off with one of the most common streaming devices which is Roku. Most people have Roku and usually prefer it compared to other streaming devices.
One great thing, the app is officially available on Roku.
Here are the steps to get NBC on this streaming device:
- Press the home button on your Roku remote, and go home.
- On the left side of the screen, there would be an option called streaming channels.
- Select streaming channels.
- Once you are in streaming channels, on the left-hand side, there would be another option which would be labeled as “ Search.”
- Select search, and type NBC in the search box.
- Select NBC from the search results, and it will take you to the app information page.
- Select add channel..
- Now, you can go back to streaming channels, and select NBC from the list.
- An activation code will pop up when you open it for the first time.
- Go to the PC or laptop, open any internet browser.
- Type the URL address “www.nbc.com/ativate/roku”
- Now, it will ask you for the activation code.
- Type the activation code which had popped up on your Roku TV, and click continue.
- When it gets activated, your Roku TV screen will refresh, and you can stream NBC.
And that is how the activation of NBC is done for Roku TV.
NBC on Fire TV
Now, Amazon Firestick has become very popular in recent times, and for good reason. It is a great streaming device, and you would be able to enjoy great many contents on it. One of them is NBC, and I will show you how to get it done.
The great thing about this streaming device is that it also has NBC officially available on your app store.
Here are the steps to get Fire TV on this streaming device.
- Go to the main menu of your Fire TV.
- Select the search option and type NBC in the search box.
- The search results will populate, go-to apps and games.
- And from there, select NBC.
- Now, download the app by clicking on the download option.
- When the app is successfully installed, you would be able to see it on your home screen app page.
- You can click on it to open it.
- Now, once you open the app, it will show you the activation code.
- Now, go to your laptop or PC, or smartphone, and open any internet browser.
- Open the URL, “www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate”
- It will ask you for the activation code. Enter the activation code.
- Click continue.
- Once done successfully, your fire TV screen will refresh, and your NBC would be activated.
And that is how the activation is done on your Fire TV.
NBC on Apple TV
The last streaming device that I would be explaining would be Apple TV. Apple is one of the best in any field. Their experience and longevity are greatly admired by their fans, and they have been around for many decades.
Like the other two streaming devices, Apple TV also has the NBC app available officially on its apple store.
Here are the steps of activating NBC on your Apple TV:
- Once you are on the home screen of your Apple TV, open your app store.
- Search for the NBC app through your search bar.
- Select the NBC app icon.
- Click on Get.
- Once you do that, the app would download on your Apple TV.
- Run the app, and like others, it would show you an activation code when you run it the first time.
- Now, go to your Laptop or PC, or smartphone.
- Open your preferred internet browser.
- Open the URL, “http://www.nbc.com/nbcuniversalfamily/activate”
- Enter the activation code in the activation code bar that is showing.
- And once that is done, click on continue.
- If done successfully, your Apple TV screen will refresh and the NBC app will start again, only this time, it will not show any activation code as it is already activated.
And that is how it is done on Apple TV.
I hope the steps which I have provided are helpful to you. They are very easy to follow and can be done by anyone.
Once the activation is done, you would be able to enjoy the huge collection of series and movies that the app has to offer. You would be able to view all of them after the activation and it is very satisfactory to watch them on your large TV Screen.
Enjoy the contents of this great app!
You May Also Like: