Facebook Lite is the official light, small and compact version of the Original Facebook App for Android and iOS. Basically, this app has been introduced to keep the Facebook app running smoothly even on low-end smartphones and slower 2G internet connections.
But how it is so light? and what features have been shredded away from the original Facebook app? Let us take these questions one by one.
What makes the Facebook Lite so light?
Currently, Facebook lite is only a 22 MB application which is only10% of the original Facebook App. That what makes this app best for people with cheaper and fewer Storage Smartphones.
Lite doesn’t only mean that it consumes less storage. Facebook Lite is solely designed to keep in mind low-end smartphones and low-speed Internet 2G Connections. It doesn’t require big RAM memory and High-speed Internet connections. Giving another benefit to the people who can’t afford to buy high-end smartphones.
But does making it lite facebook has shredded the features available in the original Facebook App? No, not really, you merely find any feature missing. Let us check some of its functions in our next sections.
Facebook Lite – Features
It’s must have been challenging for Facebook to come up with such a light version of a very heavy app. But they have done a wonderful job. Without compensating the features they have restricted the high-resolution image downloads and also disabled the autoplay options for the videos. Let’s quickly go through the Facebook Lite features.
- Search your friends and family using the Powerful Search feature.
- Send Add requests to your friends and family.
- Create Status updates with funny Facebook emojis and Posts to your timeline.
- Photos Sharing and tagging.
- Like, Comments, Share Photos, Posts, Videos.
- Get notifications of every like and comment you get on your posts.
- Upload photos to your Facebook account, organize photos in albums. Share photos with your friends.
- Follow people, celebrities, brands, artists, and businesses to get updates about their latest activities.
- Create your business listing on Facebook Marketplace and easily Buy and sell your products and services.
Read More: How To Use Snapchat On PC?
Covering all the features here is not even possible, but we have covered the most common features which we generally use every day on Facebook.
How to install Facebook Lite?
Using Facebook Lite is as simple as its name sounds. Just follow these steps for a lighter and faster Facebook experience on your smartphone. The process for Android and iOS is all together is somewhat the same. There may be slight changes but can easily be improvised if carefully follow these steps.
- Switch on your WIFI or Mobile data to access the Internet for downloading the app.
- Download the Facebook Lite either from Google Play Store for Android or from App Store – Apple if iOS.
- Once the App is downloaded it starts installing automatically. Once the installation is complete, click on the Open Button from the Store. Or directly go to the App and click to open the Facebook Lite from the app Dock.
- In case you already have the Facebook app downloaded and logged in the app, the Facebook lite app will open up with a welcome message and direct you to Click on Continue as xxxx (your username) button. You will be logged in and now can do everything you do on your regular Facebook app.
- Do not worry, if you want to login with a different account just click on the Not xxxx? (your username) the link below the Continue button.
- After you click on the link, you will be taken to the Facebook Lite Login window.
- Enter your Email or Mobile Numer as a user ID.
- Enter your password and click on the Login button to continue to use your Facebook account.
- You can also use Create New Account button to create a new account right in the Facebook Lite Login window.
That’s how you can easily download and setup up your Facebook Lite app and start using your Facebook account.
In this article, we have covered why Facebook has launched its Facebook Lite and what are the main problems they have solved.
Later on, we have listed out some of the features which you can access on your Facebook Lite app. You can easily like, share, tag posts, photos, videos with your friends and family. Can use the Search bar to search for friends, celebrities, artists, businesses, contents, etc using the Facebook Search.
Moving further with the article, a step-by-step section also been added for you. This section has covered the steps to install and use the Facebook Lite Login.
Read More: How to Share Facebook Post to Instagram?
We have tried to cover the topic and kept the content simple for better understanding. In case you have any doubt, comment to us below. We will be more than happy to revert you.