Want to remove windows 7 Genuine notification Build 7601?” Error correction It’s quite simple to tell if this copy of Windows is authentic.
Installing a pirated Windows 7 OS build 7601 will barely last a few months. After that, you’ll see an error message. This is not a legitimate copy of Windows.
Many issues will appear, such as a blank screen, getting stuck, performance degradation, and so on. In this article, I’ll demonstrate how to resolve the error “This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine Build 7601 Error?”
It’s also possible that this issue was triggered by a Windows update. After loading up your PC in any of these three circumstances, you’ll see the message that Windows isn’t genuine, and your desktop wallpaper will be replaced with a black screen. You won’t be able to customize the background whatever you want.
If you’ve attempted repeatedly to enter the product key or utilized any software/patches to crack Windows activation.
If you’re still experiencing the Windows 7 not genuine or This copy of Windows is not genuine build 7601 error, then this instruction is for you.
What Does “This Copy of Windows Not Genuine” mean?
This problem occurs in the majority of cases after applying the build 7600/7601 KB970133 update. This error can occur for a variety of reasons.
- The first explanation is that you did not purchase Windows and are most likely using a pirated copy.
- It’s possible that you were using a key that was already in use on another machine.
- It’s possible that you’re using an old version. It’s possible that your operating system needs to be updated.
- Most likely, you have a virus or malware that has corrupted your original key.
If you purchased the original OS, the problem is most likely caused by one of the last three causes listed above. You can easily solve them.
The issue with the first reason will occur if you do not have the original OS. This guide will show you how to solve that problem.
Procedure to Remove Windows 7 Genuine Notification Build 7601
There are a few options for restoring Windows 7’s authenticity. Here you will find some practical solutions to this problem that do not require the use of a crack such as KMS Pico.
Although this crack can activate Windows, it is in fact hazardous. It breaks Microsoft’s regulations and has the potential to infect your computer with viruses.
The procedures listed here do not break any policies. If you use a crack, you may become a victim of software piracy.
Method 1: Reset the Licensing Status of Your Computer with SLMGR -REARM Command
If you’re using a normal account, you’ll need to switch to an admin account to fix this mistake.
- Go to the Start menu and type cmd into the search box.
- When cmd.exe appears in the search results, right-click it and select Run as Administrator. It’ll open a command prompt with administrative access.
- Type SLMGR -REARM into the command prompt once it has been opened.
- Make sure you type the command exactly as it appears at the command prompt, and that the command prompt is opened in administrator mode, or it will not function.
- Once you’ve typed the above command into the command prompt window, press the Enter key on your keyboard to run it.
- After pressing enter, a confirmation popup will appear, detailing the command’s execution as follows:
- To close the dialogue window, click “OK.”
- Turn on your computer. You won’t get that error again after restarting, such as Windows 7 build 760, this copy of Windows is not authentic.
Method 2: Uninstall Update KB971033 on Windows 7
Windows Activation Technologies and an updated file that helps detect whether Windows is genuine are included in the Windows 7 KB971033 upgrade. If Windows 7 hasn’t been fully activated, you may see a notice that says “Windows 7 build 7601 this copy of Windows is not genuine” in the lower right corner of the screen.
As a result, you have the option of deleting this update to get rid of Windows 7 genuine notification build 7601.
- To back up a file, a disk/partition, or an operating system, open the EaseUS Todo Backup program and select “File,” “Disk/partition,” or “OS.”
- Back up the system, disc partition, files, or apps that you wish. Then click “Browse” to choose a location for the backup file to be saved.
- To begin the data backup procedure, click “Save.”
The procedure for removing update KB971033:-
- Open “Control Panel” from the “Start” menu.
- “Programs and Features” should be open. Select “View installed updates” from the drop-down menu.
- Check for and delete update “KB971033” after installing all other updates.
- Restart your computer.
Method 3: Reconfigure Plug and Play Service with RSOP Command
Your computer policy may not be configured properly at times, resulting in an error message. The RSOP command can be used to reconfigure the Plug and Play Group Policy object to fix the Windows is not genuine error. The Resultant Set of Policy Window is abbreviated as RSOP.
- Start the Run tool by pressing Windows + R.
- Press the Enter key and type rsop.msc.
- Look for “Plug and play services” under “Windows settings”.
- Then click on the “security system”, after that select the “system services” option.
- Choose “Properties” from the context menu when you right-click on it.
- Check the “Automatic” option in the Select Service Startup Mode box and save the modifications.
- As you did in the first step, press Windows + R. In the run box, type gpupdate/force. Press the Enter key and wait for the command to complete.
- Restart your computer to see whether the Windows is not the genuine issue has been resolved.
Read: How To Get Free WiFi?
Method 4: Turn Off Automatic Windows Updates
As previously said, an update file can readily determine whether your Windows is legitimate or not, therefore don’t install any updates in the future. To turn off all Windows automatic updates, follow the steps below.
Note: Disabling Windows Update prevents you from updating your operating system to the newest version to address issues or add new features, which Microsoft does not endorse or support. Use caution when doing so.
- To open the Run box, press the Windows + R keys together. Enter services.MSC into the search box.
- Double-click “Windows Update” when you locate it.
- Select “Disabled” from the Startup type drop-down menu. Then, to save the settings, click “Apply” and “OK.”
Do you want to disable Windows’ automatic update feature with a single click? If that’s the case, EaseUS CleanGenius is a flexible toolbox that can assist you. You may use it to disable/enable Windows Update, repair hard drives, disable/enable write-protection, and more in a matter of seconds.
- DOWNLOAD EaseUS CleanGenius for free and install it on your PC to disable Windows Update.
- Navigate to “Optimization” in EaseUS CleanGenius.
- The utility will automatically detect the state of the Windows Update service.
- Click the switch to turn off Windows Update if it is presently running.
- To see if the service was automatically disabled, go to the “Start” option, and then click on “Services”.
- After that right-click on “Services” and then select “Run as administrator.”
- Locate and right-click “Windows Update”, and then click on “Properties” in the list of services.
- You should see that the service has been halted in the “Service Status” column.
Method 5: Make Sure Your Computer License Is Legitimate
You are most likely running a pirated Windows system, which is the most likely cause of the “This copy of Windows is not authentic” error.
A pirated system might not have as many features as a licensed system. Most significantly, there are security flaws that could jeopardize your PC.
As a result, be sure you’re using a genuine Microsoft Windows operating system.
Do not purchase Windows operating systems from third-party e-commerce sites. You must contact your vendor if you have problems and have paid for a license.
When you buy Windows OS from the Microsoft shop, Microsoft support only assists you in resolving the issue.
From the following fast questions and answers, you can learn more about Windows is not authentic and how to solve it.
How can I get rid of this non-genuine copy of Windows 7?
To resolve the issue of a non-genuine copy of Windows, first ensure that your Windows license is valid.
Then, to fix the Windows 7 copy of Windows that is not a genuine issue, use the RSOP or SLMGR -REARM commands.
If nothing of these techniques work, you can try deleting the KB971033 update from Windows 7 or disabling Windows Update to troubleshoot.
Why is my computer telling me that this copy of Windows isn’t genuine?
The updated file and Windows Activation Technologies in the Windows 7 KB971033 update can determine whether your Windows operating system is authorized or pirated. The notification “This copy of Windows is not genuine” will appear if your Windows isn’t authentic.
This error message will also appear if you did not activate your Windows license after the trial period ended or if the license has expired.
Is it true that I have a valid copy of Windows?
Windows genuine validation can be done in the Settings menu.
Step 1: Select “Settings”, and then click on “Update & security” from the Start menu.
Step 2: In the left panel, click “Activation” to see if the OS is turned on. Your Windows 10 is Genuine if it says “Windows is activated with a digital license”.
If my Windows 7 isn’t genuine, how do I upgrade to Windows 10?
A Windows 10 product key will not activate a non-genuine Windows 7 installation. Only the ISO for Windows 10 Home may be downloaded from Microsoft’s official website, after which you must execute a custom installation.
We hope that the techniques listed above were successful in resolving your Windows 7 computer’s copy of Windows is not a genuine build 7601 issue.
One of the most common issues is that Windows is not real. Fortunately, this condition rarely results in data loss.
However, other unanticipated computer issues, such as a system breakdown, hard disc failure, or an undiscovered malware attack, might harm your machine and cause significant data loss. As a result, regularly back up your computer to a USB flash drive to ensure data security.