You can save a video from Facebook to your phone or computer by downloading it. That way, you won’t have to scroll through your newsfeed to share it.
On a Windows or Mac computer, as well as an iPhone or Android device, here’s how to download a video from Facebook.
You may wish to download Facebook images and videos to your computer or phone because Facebook is a treasure mine of memories for you and your friends.
We’ll teach you how to save your images, as well as photos and videos from your friends, using both official and third-party Facebook photo downloader tools.
Procedure to Save Videos or Picture from Facebook (Android)
Here, we will discuss the steps below, if you want to do this then follow these steps carefully:-
How to Save Photos from Facebook
Right-click a Facebook video and select Show Video URL to download it to your PC. Then copy the URL and change the www with mbasic in a new tab. Finally, select Save video from the context menu by right-clicking it.
- On your computer, go to Facebook and sign in. This can be done in any browser.
- Open a video that you want to save. You must first begin watching the video.
- Then, on the video, right-click. A pop-up menu will display, with options such as Play, Mute, and Show Video URL.
- After that, select Show Video URL.
- The URL that shows at the top of the video should be copied. On a Windows keyboard, press Ctrl + C, and on a Mac, press Command + C. You can also copy the URL by right-clicking it.
- Copy the URL and paste it into a new tab in your browser’s address bar. On a Windows computer, press Ctrl + V, and on a Mac machine, press Command + V. You can also right-click and choose Paste from the menu. At this moment, do not press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Replace www with mbasic in the URL. This can be accomplished by selecting the text with your mouse and pressing the Delete key on your keyboard. Then, in the place where the www used to be, type or paste mbasic. As a result, your new website address should begin with https://mbasic.facebook.com/.
- Then, on your keyboard, press Enter. This will redirect you to a new page.
- Then, on the video, you want to download, click it. This will take you to a new page with a video player set against a full-page black background.
- Save the movie by right-clicking it and selecting Save video.
- Finally, give your video a name and a location, then click Save. The file can then be opened with any media player that supports MP4 files.
How to Download a Facebook Video on an Android Device
On an Android device, hit the three-dot icon on the video and select Copy Link to download it. Then copy the link and change the www with basic in a browser. After that, select Download video by long-tapping the video.
- On your Android device, open the Facebook app. If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to sign in to your account.
- Locate the video you wish to save.
- Then, above the video, press the three-dot icon.
- Then, from the option that displays, choose Copy Link.
- Open your device’s browser app and paste the link into the address bar. You may do this by selecting Paste from the address bar.
- In the URL, replace www with basic. As a result, the URL should begin.
- Then, on the on-screen keyboard, press Go.
- After that, tap the video. At this time, you may need to login into your Facebook account again.
- Then, on the next page, tap and hold on to the video. A pop-up menu will display on the screen.
- After that, select Download video. It’s possible that Chrome will need access to your photographs, media, and files. To proceed, click Allow.
- To watch the video, click Open once the download is complete. This can be found at the bottom of your screen.
- Go to the Files app on your home screen, then press on Downloads to find your downloaded video. The most recent video you downloaded should be at the top of the list.
Procedure to Save Videos or Picture from Facebook (iPhone)
To save a Facebook video to your iPhone, hit Share and then Copy the Link on the video. Then go to fbdown.net with the MyMedia app, paste the link, and tap Download the file. Next, go to the Media tab and select Save to Camera Roll from the drop-down menu.
- MyMedia File Manager is a free app that you can download. This software is available on the Apple App Store.
- Then, on your iPhone, launch the Facebook app.
- Tap the Share option when you’ve found the video you want to download. This can be found beneath the video.
- Then press and hold the chain-link icon. This is adjacent to the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the Share menu. The Facebook app closes the menu and returns to the video once you’ve finished. You’ll get a prompt that says Copied, then by a checkmark
- Open the MyMedia – File Manager app on your phone or tablet.
- Then, at the top of your screen, type fbdown.net into the search field. Scroll up if you don’t see it.
- Then, on your phone’s on-screen keyboard, tap Go.
- Then, in the text field, paste the video URL. Tap the text box and select Paste once the website has loaded.
- Then press the Download button. This will take you to a new page with a thumbnail image of your video.
- Then select More choices. No other buttons on the page should be tapped.
- Then select Force download SD or Force download HD from the menu. HD stands for high-definition and SD is for standard-definition.
- After that, choose to download the file.
- Tap Save after choosing a file name for your video.
- Allow for the download to finish. The Downloading tab will appear when the app is launched. A progress bar showing the file name, file size, and download time will appear. The progress indicator will vanish once the download is complete.
- Then, in the top-right corner of the app, press Back.
- After that, select Media. This can be found near the bottom of the app.
- Select the video you just saved.
- Save the image to your camera roll. The video will then appear on your Photos app.
Apart from photos and videos, Facebook has a ton of other information about you. The company is also notorious for its data collection. The above methods let you download photos and videos easily, but you might want to consider backing up your Facebook history and learning about other download and data management tools.
You may also like: