It’s aggravating when you’re attempting to make a phone call and your phone decides to have a mind of its own and refuses to place the call, especially if it’s an important call.
Call failure can be caused by a variety of circumstances, including poor network reception, call barring settings, or accidentally turning off your sim card in settings.
Don’t worry, we’ll look at several solutions today to help you fix the problem and get your phone calling again in no time.
Some Ways to Fix Call Failure on your Phone
The following are some solutions that may be useful in resolving the current call issue:-
1. Network Signal not available
Check the network bar on your phone to see whether there is a network signal since this could be due to poor or no network reception in the location you are now at.
If this is the case, you will need to relocate to a location with a strong network signal, as your service provider’s signal does not reach all areas.
2. Restart your mobile phone
The majority of individuals neglect the need of restarting their phones. Restarting your device might solve a variety of problems.
It’s possible that a software conflict is preventing the phone from making a call. All system files will be refreshed and everything will work properly after restarting the device. The power of rebooting your smartphone should not be underestimated.
If the problem persists, remove your sim card and insert it into another phone. Make a call to ensure that the problem is not caused by your sim.
The problem is with your service provider if you can’t make a call even after removing the sim from the phone.
Simply call your service provider’s customer support line with a working sim card and inform them of the problem.
3. Sim Card Setting Problem
Check your sim settings to ensure that the sim you’re trying to use for a call is active. In rare circumstances, you may have accidentally turned off your sim card in the settings, preventing that sim from making calls. To fix this, take these steps:
- Locate settings in your app’s menu and open it.
- Select Network & Internet Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Sim cards in the same manner.
- Ensure that the Sims are turned on.
4. Check to Call Barring
Make sure call blocking is disabled. To do so, go to:
- Open the app for making phone calls.
- Select Settings from the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- As seen in the image below, select calling accounts.
- As shown in the image below, tap on the sim you’re using for the call.
- As shown in the image below, tap on call barring.
- Make sure that all call blocking options are disabled, as seen in the figure below.
5. Reset the network configuration
Reset your network settings by following these steps:
- Go to the settings menu, as seen in the image below.
- Select System Select Reset options from the drop-down menu.
- As shown in the image below, select Reset WIFI, mobile, and Bluetooth.
- Select the calling sim that is unable to make a call by tapping on it.
- And then select Reset settings.
6. Reset your phone to factory settings
If the call failed issues persist after you’ve tried everything else, you’ll need to back up your files and restore factory settings.
Note: Resetting your phone to factory settings may erase all of your data, so make a backup before proceeding.
Backup Your files are as follows:
Once your phone’s screen is cracked, the first thing you should do is back up your files, because your phone’s screen could become unresponsive at any time, rendering the phone useless. As a result, your data will be lost.
How to Make a Backup of your Files
This is a simple one that you can complete without too much difficulty.
- Get yourself a laptop.
- A USB data card is required.
- On your desktop, create a folder to which you want to copy your files.
- Using the USB cable, connect your phone to your PC.
- Once connected, your phone will urge you to choose an option; pick “File transfer.”
- Locate your device in your laptop’s file explorer; the name of your device will appear.
- Open it and select all of your crucial files from the internal storage.
- Copy the files to the desktop folder you created earlier.
- Disconnect your phone from the laptop after it has finished copying the files.
After you have successfully backup your files, Go to the settings option, and then go to the option of System.
And then after that click on the option of Reset options.
And then, click on the option of Erase all data(factory reset).
These were some useful fixes for the Phone’s Call Failed issue. Please give them a shot and let me know which one helped you get rid of your Phone’s call failure issues.
I had the same problem, however, it was only in low-network locations. In any case, please share your experience in the comments section below.
You may also like: