With lots of Dating apps grabbing the huge online dating surfers, Facebook lately decided to enter the Market. In the 2018 F8 Developer conference Facebook officially announced to be in the dating business. And Columbia become to first place to use this app on September 20, 2018. Later on, its has been introduced in Canada, Thailand, Mexico, and Argentina.
Read More: How to Share Facebook Post to Instagram?
Finally, the Facebook Dating App launched partially on September 05, 2019, in the United States. And now it is available in UK, Europe, and 20 other countries.
Though Facebook’s new dating app comparable to its competitors like Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid, Hinge, is quite new, however, it is gaining momentum and becoming favorable among the users. But what making it so interesting, why people are liking it much over the other dating apps.
The answer is very simple, let us look at it below.
Why Facebook Dating app is becoming popular?
Reading further will give you a clear idea of why it is becoming popular.
- Access to the world biggest social profiles databaseUsing the Facebook dating app you will be able to access a user database of 2.8 Million people across the globe. Neither of the Competitor is even close to this user database. Though you can only connect with a profile that is also opted for Dating and using Facebook Dating App.
- No Extra Application to downloadMoreover, you don’t have to download any extra applications into your phone. You can directly access your Facebook Dating right from your Facebook App.
- No need to create an Extra ProfileThere is no need to make a Dating profile here, all the details from your Facebook profile will be automatically picked. And within a few seconds, you are ready to find your love. See how simple Facebook has made it.
- Best match based on your Preference, Activity on FacebookWhat can best explain you? Yes, What will be your preferences? What do you like? What you dislike? What do you do? What you don’t do?
Who knows it better other than Facebook. You cannot explain yourself using some words, that what you have to do on other platforms. This is not just you, it also difficult on Facebook to conceal your personality from others.
- It will not cost you on your PocketYes, you don’t have to pay a single penny to get the right match. All the features are free to use in Facebook Dating App.
Though signing up and creating a profile is free on other Dating apps but to use some of the important features you have to pay a monthly subscription which can be between $10 – $60. One of the main features which you have to pay for on other Apps is to see who likes your profile.
- More Filter Options than any other AppAs we have discussed the cost factor above, Facebook Dating App gives you feature like filter profiles by age, gender, language, religion, education even the distance from you. On the other hand for some of these filters, you have to opt-in for a premium subscription on other Dating platforms.
- Keep your friends and family away from your Dating CampaignThis is one of the biggest reasons Facebook is also becoming popular. Though you share the common Facebook app for both Facebook and Facebook dating, however, both the profiles are separate from each other.
In the Facebook Dating app, you have full control to select to keep your friends or even friends of friends to keep away from your Dating Preferences. You can also block profiles that you do not want to be discovered or get discovered by. But in other apps, you don’t when you got like from one of your friends on the apps beside you are using with a fake profile.
- Find your Secret Crush on Facebook Dating AppA very interesting feature, bet you will love it! Have you liked someone and don’t know how to tell your feelings. Here where you can use this Secret Crush feature on Facebook Dating App. Just add your friends as a secret crush to your Facebook dating list. And that’s it, your friends will get alerted that they have been added to Secret Crush List.
If your friends also added you up to the list, then both of you will be alerted and ended up in each matched profile.
These are some of the features which gaining momentum for Facebook in the Dating App business. There may be some more factors that are driving Facebook faster, which is not covered above. But for the sake of Limiting the overflow of content, we have kept it limited to some of the main factors only.
Read More: How much does Facebook advertising cost?
After getting understand why the Facebook dating app is getting popular, let us quickly jump into our next section.
How to Create your Facebook Dating App Profile
Follow these simple steps to Create your Facebook profile
- Update your iOS or Android Facebook App for the latest version.
- Launch your Facebook App after finishing the updates.
- Click on the Hamburger Icon at the top right corner of the Home screen, right below the messenger Icon.
- A new Menu window will slides in, Click on Dating, right below your profile name, or if not there check the menu at the bottom of your screen and clicks on Heart-shaped Icon.
- A new Welcome window will open up. You will have two options here.
- The first option, click on Get Started and you will be taken through the various windows to set your Facebook Profile. and the other is to manually do all the below steps.
- Just keep clicking on the Next button at the bottom of the screen for the subsequent next two windows after clicking on Getting Started.
- On the third window, you will see your Facebook Dating App profile details (Name, Age, Gender Identity, Hometown, High School). Here you can only edit your Gender Identity, Hometown, and High School details.
- After Updation click on the Next button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen select your preference to whom you want to date? You have three options here, Women, Men, and Everyone.
- Select either one of the options from the above options. After selection Facebook will ask you for reviewing your Data Setting before moving next. Click on I Accept if you want to confirm. If Having any doubt click on Back to go back to your previous windows.
- After Choosing your Dating selection. You will be asked what are you looking for? This is a multiple-choice question. You can skip this option or You can select from Chatting, Friendship, Something Casual, Long-term Relationship and Prefer Not to Say. These options will be visible on your Facebook Dating App Profile.
- Click on the Next Button to moves on to the next window. In the next window, you will be asked to confirm your current location from where you want to date. Please make a note that this location will also be visible in your Dating Profile. Select your location or keep it as it is and click on the Next button.
- After clicking next you will be taken to the next window from where you can describe how tall are you? You can just skip this answer or just select your height from the drop-down and click on Next. Again this option is also visible on the Dating profile
- As you move towards more and more questions will come like What’s your job title? Where do you work? Do you have kids? What’s your education level? What’s your college? Do you drink? Which language do you speak? You can skip all these questions or just answer as you want to and keep clicking next to move forward with your Facebook Dating Profile.
- After all these questions you will be prompted to select the best photos. Here you can keep the existing photo or change it by Clicking on Change Photo. After updating your Photo Click on the Next button.
- After Clicking Next you will be prompted to review the details you just have filled in and confirmed the Facebook terms of service, data policy, and dating data policies. Click on Confirm to move ahead.
- The next window will ask you to either Preview your automatically created profile from your Facebook profile or do it manually by yourself. You can do either by clicking two buttons at the bottom of the screen.
- After clicking on Preview my Profile you will be directly taken to your Dating Profile Preview window. Scroll through the complete profile, if everything ok then keep using the profile, if there something is not right, click on the edit option and save it.
And Voila, you have all your new Facebook Dating profiles with you.
Read More: Top 10 Negative Effects Of Social Media
In the above article, we have explained why Facebook is getting popular amidst the big competitors in Dating Business.
Also, we have discussed some features which distinguished Facebook Dating App from other Dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid, Hinge, etc.
Read More: Facebook Alternative
Later on, we have guided you through the step-by-step on how to create Facebook Dating Profile.
Though, we have tried to be as specific as possible getting you through the step-by-step guide for Dating profile creation. However, there may be a chance that you may be reading this article a while later. In which case, there may be chances that Facebook May has updated the Dating App.
But, do not worry in most cases the upgrade does not altogether change the complete process. There will be only minimal changes.
And if you still find it difficult to create your profile, you can anytime come back to our blog and comment us below your issues down below. We will be happy to help you with your issues.
We wish you all the best and hoping you soon be dating!