Hey, decided to walk away from your Facebook account. Yes, there might be some good reason to do so, or might be a bad one. But whatever may be the reason, before you hit the delete button, read this article.
Deleting a Facebook account is not rocket science. You can easily delete it by just following some very simple and easy steps. But what is difficult is to properly delete your account; else you will end up with half-baked bread. That you can’t throw nor can you chew. Keep in mind Facebook has a lot of data than you can think of including your photos and videos, chats, session history, IP addresses, your ads preferences, your activity reports, and so on.
Also, deleting your Facebook account permanently will also cause your other Facebook’s related apps (Instagram, Whatsapp, Messenger, etc) to be deleted too.
And it’s not only about the deletion you should also do a backup of all the data before you delete it. Never knows when your mind changed and wants to get back on.
Don’t worry, in this article, we will be covering how to take a backup of your Facebook data? How to delete your Facebook account permanently? And of course, all the steps you need to take to delete your account from Facebook.
Let’s without wasting any time, start our main sections
How to Backup your Facebook data?
This not only goes to Facebook but for any other media or websites or anything else you have online. Make sure to make a data backup for sure, else you will regret it later. Most people will generally turn back to Facebook after some time. But without any data, they have to start from scratch again.
Let’s go through each and every step involved in backup your Facebook data.
- For convenience it is better you should use desktops to use the data backup.
- Launch your Web browser, of-course any of your choice.
- Type in the www.Facebook.com in the address bar and hit enter to open the Facebook
- Log in to your Facebook account by entering login credentials Or if already logged in earlier your profile home will be opened up.
- From your profile home page Click on the V down arrow icon or your Profile Icon (in some browsers like Firefox) at the top right corner of the Home screen.
- From the drop-down menu Go to Setting and Privacy. Click on it.
- A new Sub-menu for Settings and Privacy will slide in, Go to Settings, and clicks to open Settings.
- A new Setting page will appear on the screen.
- From the left side navigation menu, Go to Your Facebook Information and click to view and download your information.
- To backup your Facebook data, Go to Download your information and clicks on View right next to it to open a list of all the data you have on Facebook.
- A new window will appear on the screen with a complete list of all types of data Facebook has stored for you. Just select the data you want to download and click on Create File.
- You can also select either to download complete data or data that belongs to a particular period. To do so click on the Data Range drop-down just under the Request Copy Tab. From the drop-down calendar select the period. By default, it is set to All of my data
- After selecting the Data range you can also select the Format in which you need data. It can either be HTML or JSON. By default, it will be downloaded in HTML Format.
- Thereafter you can also select the Quality of the data to be maintained while downloading. It is recommended always use High Quality.
- After selecting all the options click on Create File. Your backup process will be initialized and you will be notified through a system generated with a link to download your backup.
- Facebook here also has given you the option to select a particular period for which you
Once you have downloaded your data you are now free to delete your account. Once you have deleted your account permanently it will not be restored again. Let’s look at this in our next section.
How to delete your Facebook Account Permanently?
Now, as you have backed up all your data, it’s time to delete your account. But wait, once you permanently delete your account, it cannot be restored again. We have seen so many peoples who have deleted their accounts due to some reasons, and later on, they are fighting with Facebook to get them back. It is not possible at all, once gone you never get it back.
So, is there any solution, if I want to have my Facebook account back at some later stage? Yes, instead of deleting your account permanently, you can just deactivate it from Facebook. Facebook will remove your name and photos almost from all of the things shared by you. By deactivating you can anytime at the later stage re-activate it easily and have your running Facebook account back.
Or, if you have already decided to never come back to Facebook, then of course you have the option to Permanent delete your account. Let’s see the steps for both of the options one by one.
Steps to Deactivate or Delete your Facebook Account
- Go to Your Facebook Information Page as stated in the above section.
- Go to Deactivation and Deletion Options and clicks on View, to open the Deactivating and Deleting your Facebook Account window
- From This window either select Deactivate Account or Delete Account and click on Continue to Account Deactivation or Continue to Account Deletion
- After you click on Continue, a new window will appears prompting you to re-enter your password. After entering your password for your account click on Continue to deactivate or delete your account.
And That’s how you can easily either deactivate or delete your account permanently. Please note that your account will be deactivated immediately and to re-activate just login into your Facebook account and re-activate it.
Though the process of deletion of a Facebook account may take up to 90 days. And log into your account during this period may result in the cancellation of the deletion request. So better be away for at least 4 – 5 months after the deletion request.
In this article, we have seen that it is not very difficult to delete your account. But it will be impossible to regain your account, once it was permanently deleted. And also you will lose all your data if not backed up earlier.
So it is always recommended to back up your data prior to going for permanent deletion. Or it’s even better to deactivate your account instead of permanently deleting it.
Hope this article will help you come to a better decision for your Facebook account deletion.