YouTube is getting a big source of income, all you need some creativity and you are good to rack in some dollars. Do I say some, sorry, YouTube can even make you a millionaire, if done right?
So, how to monetize on YouTube? That’s a million-dollar question here. Don’t worry, that’s why we are here too. By reading this article you will be very clear on how to monetize your YouTube channel. And what are the important things after your channel got monetize?
So, before wasting a single second let’s jump onto our main question.
How to monetize on YouTube Channel?
Certainly there not hundred ways you can monetize on YouTube as we have in real life. As per the YouTube Partner Program you have to cross certain thresholds before start monetizing your videos on YouTube Channel. Don’t worry we have covered all these thresholds in our next section.
YouTube Partner Program Eligibility thresholds:
YouTube Partner Program or YPP is what you will have to join for monetizing on your YouTube Channel. But for the sake of the Quality, Originality of the content, YouTube has set some eligibility threshold limits for monetization on YouTube. These limits help YouTube to review your YouTube Account and give you approval bases on the content you have.
Let’s go through these YouTube Partner Program Eligibility threshold one by one
- A minimum of 1000 YouTube SubscribersYouTube has not made it so easy that anybody can come and start earning money. You have to first cross the threshold limit of 1000 subscribers to be eligible for YouTube Partner Program. As soon as you reach this limit as early you can become eligible to join the program.
- A minimum of 4000 Watch Time Hours in last 12 MonthsBut wait, only having 1000 Subscribers will not make you eligible for YouTube Partner Program. You also have a minimum of 4000 hours of Watch Time in the last 12 months on your YouTube Channel. Do not get confused when we say watch time, it is the time spent by people other than you on your YouTube Channel in the last 12 months.
- YouTube’s Community GuidelinesYes, this is the most important eligibility you must meet to monetize your YouTube Channel. Make sure to thoroughly read YouTube’s Community Guidelines before even creating or uploading your content on YouTube. That is one of the biggest reason most of the monetization request has been rejected by the YouTube.
That’s all you need to apply for the YouTube Partner Program to start monetization on YouTube. Don’t worry about keeping the track of your subscribers or People Watch hours, YouTube will be doing it for you. Just go to your YouTube Studio and scroll down and click on the Monetization tab on the left navigation sidebar. A new Channel Monetization window will appear on the right side. Here you will see the stats about your Subscribers and Watch hours. You can also click on the Button Notify Me when I’m Eligible to receive an email notification as and when you met eligibility thresholds.
Now that you have understood the eligibilities, let’s quickly jump onto our next section on how to apply for the YouTube Partner Program.
How to Apply for the YouTube Partner Program
Once you met all the eligibility you are ready to apply for the YouTube Partner Program to start monetizing your YouTube Channel. You just need to follow these steps to apply for the program.
- We recommend you use your desktop to apply for the YouTube Partner Monetization instead of on your SmartPhone. That will ease out the process.
- Launch your browser, we recommend you use Chrome. But you can choose others too.
- Go to your YouTube Studio Home page either by entering studio.YouTube.com on your address bar or click on your Profile icon from YouTube Homepage and then scroll down to YouTube Studio and click on it to launch the studio.
- From the YouTube studio home screen, go to Left Navigation Side Bar and scroll down to Monetization, and click on it to open your Channel Monetization window.
- In the Channel Monetization window now you will see a Button Apply Now.
- Click on the button to move further with the Monetization Application.
- After the click, you will need to follow these three steps.Step 1: Review Partner Program TermsIn this step click on Start Button at the bottom of the Step 1 Section. A new window will appear listing all the YouTube Partner Program Terms. Go through each and every term and scroll down to the end of the terms and check the box to accept the YouTube Partner Program Terms. As you check the box to accept the terms, the Accept Terms button at the bottom right corner will get active. Click the button to move forward. Now your step 1 is completed and it shows Done Just next to Step 1.
Step 2: Sign up for Google AdSense
Same as above click on Start to proceed further, a pop-up dialog box appears, click on Proceed. A new dialog box appears to confirm whether you already have a Google Adsense account or not. Select the appropriate answer from the drop-down and click on Continue. Select or Setup your Google Adsense Account and click on submit. Your Google Adsense account will be selected and sent for approval and association process.
The Google Adsense account will be used to send you the money by YouTube.
Step 3: Get Reviewed
Here you have to do nothing here. Once your Google Adsense account is approved and associated with YouTube Partner Program, your application will automatically be forwarded for review. Though YouTube says it takes one month but this process may extend up to several months even a year. After review, the decision will be notified to you.
- After completing the above three steps wait for review and approval from YouTube.
See how simple it is to apply for the YouTube Partner Program to monetize on YouTube.
Read More: Best Tools used to Promote YouTube Video
Thanks for coming this far with us. Hope this article will help you monetize on YouTube Channel.
In this article, we have seen what are the basic Eligibility thresholds are there for applying for YouTube Partner Program. Just remember 1000 subscribers and 4000 Public Watch Hours of your YouTube Channel, that’s all you need. And do not violate any of YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
Later on, we have gone through each and every step to be followed while applying for the YouTube Partner Program.
You have to be patient with this as this process is not an automated process. Yes, humans will be reviewing your application. They go through your YouTube Channel Theme, Content, Check for any violations of their Community Guidelines. Only after full satisfaction, you will be approved.
But don’t worry in case they reject your application, you will have another 30 days time period to make things right again.
We have kept the language simple for better understanding, in case you still have some doubts. Comment down below your doubt, we will get back to it soon.