You might be wondering if you can watch ESPN on Apple TV if you’re a sports lover trying to cut the cord. ESPN is a must-have for any broadcast who enjoys sports, with regular broadcasts of top professional and college leagues, as well as unmissable shows like SportsCenter and Around The Horn.
So, how can you watch ESPN on Apple TV in real-time? We’ll go over all of your alternatives in this article, from internet TV “skinny bundle” offerings to ESPN’s own applications and services. Let’s get started right now.
How to Watch ESPN on Apple TV?
If you want to watch ESPN on your Apple TV, you’ll need to follow the instructions for the 4th and 5th generations:-
Steps to Install ESPN on Apple TV
Follow these given steps:-
- Connect your Apple TV to your home WiFi after turning it on.
- The Home screen will appear when you press the Menu button on the tvOS remote.
- Using the touch part of the remote, swipe through the apps area until you reach the App Store icon. Select it by clicking on it.
- To discover the ESPN app, use the search box on the screen.
- Choose the ESPN logo from the list of options.
- Highlight Get the ESPN app for tvOS by pressing the Get button.
- To finalize the download of ESPN, click Buy on the prompt.
- Wait for the app to finish downloading depending on your internet speed.
- To use the ESPN app, you must first launch it.
Steps to Activate ESPN on Apple TV
You must connect with either your TV provider or an ESPN account with an active ESPN subscription to watch live and on-demand sports programming on the ESPN app. Here’s how to do it:
- On your Apple TV, open the ESPN app.
- To access the Settings, click the cogwheel icon in the top-right corner of the program.
- If you want to log in with your TV provider, go to the Settings menu and select Choose TV Provider, then complete the log-in process.
- Otherwise, click Subscriptions and proceed with the procedures below.
- On the next screen, next to the ESPN+ option, select Subscribe.
- Now press the “Log In” button. For the authorization session, you will be issued an activation code.
- From another device, go to es.pn/AppleTV, enter the activation code, and click Continue.
- If you already have an ESPN account, sign in by entering your email address and password in the appropriate areas, then clicking Log In. Otherwise, go to Sign Up and sign up for an ESPN account by following the on-screen instructions.
- You will get a notification that states, “Your device has been connected to your ESPN account”, once you’ve completed the login process.
You can now complete your ESPN subscription through iTunes and watch live and on-demand ESPN Plus content on your Apple TV.
Alternative: Other Ways to Access ESPN on Apple TV
1. Sling TV
ESPN, ESPN 2, and ESPN 3 are included in Sling’s low-cost Sling Orange subscription. ESPN SEC, SEC+, ESPN U, ESPNews, ESPN Goal Line, and ESPN Bases Loaded are all available with the Sports Extra Sling a la carte pack.
The Sling Orange plan is $30 per month, with the Sports Extra pack costing an additional $10. Sling Blue is the same price as Sling Orange and offers three simultaneous screens, however, it lacks ESPN networks.
It’s worth noting that Sling Orange only supports one screen, which is OK if you’re only planning to watch ESPN on your Apple TV. On the plus side, both plans provide 10 hours of cloud DVR storage.
2. PlayStation Vue
PlayStation Vue is a subscription-based over-the-top television streaming service. It allows you to stream all national, international, and regional channels. If you want to install PlayStation Vue on your Apple TV, go to the App Store and search for it. This app is also one of the greatest options for watching live and on-demand ESPN content.
Read: How To Get Free WiFi?
3. Hulu Live TV
One of the greatest options for streaming ESPN on your mobile is Hulu with Live TV. The latest version of Hulu is supported by Apple TV 4K and Apple TV 4 generation, prior versions of Apple TV only support the older version of Hulu. On the Apple TV App Store, Hulu is now available.
Nearly 70 live channels and on-demand TV series are available on Hulu with Live TV. You must subscribe to the $40 per month plan to access all of Hulu with live TV.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, SEC Network, BTN, CBS Sports Network, Golf Channel, NBCSN, Fox Sports 1 & 2, and many more are included in this subscription plan. You can also watch tens of thousands of movies and other on-demand material.
4. YouTube TV
The Google-owned TV streaming app YouTube TV is available in the Apple TV app store. You may get it immediately from the App Store and use it to watch all of the available channels and on-demand material.
YouTube is a subscription-based streaming service that offers only one membership plan. The package costs $40 a month and includes access to more than 70 live channels from around the world.
Furthermore, it allows you to view on-demand entertainment and provides cloud DVR storage for your favorite media files.
5. DirecTV Now
DirecTV Now is an internet-based streaming service owned by AT&T. It’s also a great way to view all of your favorite sports networks. Install DirecTV Now directly from the App Store if you want to watch ESPN sports on your Apple TV.
ESPN is one of the most popular sports channels, and it can be viewed through a variety of streaming providers. You’ll need one of the above-mentioned streaming apps to watch ESPN on Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:- Is ESPN available on other streaming platforms?
Ans:- Yes. ESPN may be found on a variety of live TV streaming sites. If you don’t want to install ESPN separately, you can use any of these services to stream it.
Q:- What are the ESPN channel’s supported streaming apps?
Ans:- ESPN is available on Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, AT&T TV, and other platforms. ESPN is available on Apple TV if you have any of the channels.
Q:- Is ESPN accessible through Apple TV?
Yes. On the Apple App Store, you’ll discover a dedicated ESPN app, just like on other platforms. ESPN is available on tvOS in addition to iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. As a result, you won’t need to use another streaming service to watch the ESPN app.
Q:- What devices can I use to watch ESPN?
Ans:- ESPN works on a variety of platforms, including Android, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Android TV, Roku, Chromecast, Firestick, PlayStation, and more.
Q:- What is ESPN+?
Ans:- ESPN+ is a subscription-based streaming service available through the ESPN app. It costs $4.99 per month as an in-app purchase.
You will be able to complete this process by following the given instructions. Hope that told you this information would have been useful.
And at the same time let you know that if you have any problem related to them, then write your queries in the comment section given below. We assure you that we will get your query resolved as soon as possible.