League of Legends is currently one of the most popular games, with tens of millions of players and a similarly huge, if not greater, viewership. Disagreements and trolls are widespread in this community, as they are in any other large gaming group.
Players in League of Legends can block each other in-game to avoid any future conflicts. Not to exaggerate the significance of this recurring feature, but Riot really encourages users to block other summoners if they believe chatting to them would motivate you to do something that will result in your ban from the League.
As a result, it’s very easy to end up playing with some internet trolls. In the game, there are a lot of spammers. Also, for no apparent reason, many LOL gamers try to approach or bother other players.
So, what are your options for resolving this problem? The simplest and most effective way to deal with this scenario is to block the disruptive player.
On LOL, blocking someone is simple. In truth, there are a variety of ways to block someone in League of Legends. All of the methods will be revealed in this post in a step-by-step manner. So, let’s get started…
How to Block Someone on League of Legends
In an interesting twist, Riot Games encourages players in LOL to block other toxic players. So blocking other players isn’t a bad idea.
On League of Legends, you can now block a player in a variety of ways. And we’ll go through each of them individually in this part. Let’s get started…
Method 1: After a Game, Blocking in League of Legends
Let’s assume you’re playing LOL and one of your friends is acting inappropriately, and you want to block him. This strategy is appropriate in situations like this.
Following are the procedures to blocking someone in League of Legends after a game. Steps to Take
- After the game, wait for the scorecard to display. Find the name of the player you’d like to block now.
- Also, right-click on the gamer’s name.
- An overlay menu will display as a result of this. Select the ‘Block’ option from that menu.
- A popup titled “Block Summoner” will now appear. To complete your decision, select the ‘Block’ option.
After a game, you now know how to block someone on LOL. What if, on the other hand, you’ve already skipped the scorecard? So, what’s the best way to block someone at this point?
Surprisingly, the scorecard is still accessible via your profile’s ‘Match History’ option. Simply go to the match you played with the player you wish to block and follow the steps outlined above to block them.
Method 2: Block a Summoner on League of Legends Using their Summoner Name
You can do so if you know the summoner name of the player you want to block. It’s also really simple to do. This is how it works…
- To begin, go to the upper right corner of the League of Legends client and click the ‘Settings/Gear’ icon.
- The Settings page will show on the screen as a result of this action. From the left sidebar, select the ‘Block list’ option.
- On the right sidebar, you’ll see an empty box with the title “Enter a summoner name to block.”
- So, in the empty box, type the name of the player you want to block, and then click the ‘Block’ button in the window’s top right corner.
- On the screen, a new popup will appear. Click the ‘Block’ option to confirm it.
- Finally, close the ‘Settings’ window by clicking the ‘Done button at the bottom.
That is all there is to it. The person you wished to block has been blocked for the time being. As a result, you may resume playing LOL.
Method 3; Block a Friend in League of Legends
On LOL, you might have made a new friend. Unfortunately, they are not acting well at the moment. So you’d like to put a stop to it.
Yes, League of Legends allows you to block in-game pals. This section will walk you through the process of doing so. Let’s have a look at how…
- When using the League of Legends client, the in-game friend’s list may be found on the right side of the chat list on the LOL client.
- Right-click on the name of the friend you wish to block and select Block from the menu. On the screen, an overlay menu will display.
- From the menu, select the ‘Block’ option.
- On the screen, a confirmation pop-up will now display. Click the ‘Block’ option to complete your blocking decision, and the popup will disappear.
You can block any in-game pals on LOL by following these simple procedures outlined above.
After You’ve Blocked Someone in League of Legends, What Happens Next?
We’ve just gone over three different ways to block someone on LOL. But do you know what happens if you block someone on LOL? This is virtually identical to any other multiplayer internet game. These things will happen if you block someone in League of Legends…
- Your friend list will be cleared of the blocked player.
- You will not be able to invite the blocked person to a game.
- They won’t be able to send you a new friend request either.
- Additionally, the blocked player will be unable to send you messages or communicate with you via the chatbox.
In other words, you and the blocked player will be unable to communicate.
Steps to Un-Block Someone on League of Legends
We’ve taught you how to block someone on LOL in this article. However, there may come a time when you need to unblock a specific user. Is it, however, possible to unblock a player you’ve already blocked in League of Legends?
Fortunately, you can unblock anyone you wish from the block list with ease. And here’s how you can do it:
- You must first gain access to the block list. To do so, go to the top right corner of the League of Legends client and click the ‘Settings/Gear’ icon.
- The ‘Settings’ window will display on the screen as a result. From the left sidebar, select the ‘Block list’ option.
- On this page, you’ll see a list of all the players you’ve already blocked.
- Over the name, you’ll notice an ‘X’ icon. So, simply click the ‘X’ icon to unblock that specific player.
- Then, at the bottom, click the ‘Done button to close the ‘Settings’ box.
You can talk or play with someone you’ve unblocked in League of Legends once you’ve unblocked them.
You’re well aware that the online gaming community can be poisonous at times. Millions of gamers around the world are playing the games at the same time.
As a result, there will undoubtedly be some miscreants among us. In this post, we’ve covered several methods for blocking other players in League of Legends, or LOL.
As a result, we hope you won’t have to deal with any other toxic gamers. On the other hand, you can unblock a player at any time.
We’ve also demonstrated how to unblock someone on LOL as a result of this. So, if you change your mind about a blocked gamer, simply follow the procedures above to unblock him.
As always, if you have any further questions or recommendations, please post them in the comments area below.