Would you like to learn how to reflect on Procreate? If that’s the case, this article will show you how to make a symmetrical drawing in Procreate. Procreate is a graphic design app for the iOS Apple platform that allows you to create a variety of stunning effects, animations, and illustrations.
Keep in mind that unlimited access to all of the app’s capabilities necessitates the use of an iPad tablet. iPhone users are unable to access some functionalities. So, let’s take a look at how to mirror your artwork on Procreate.
How to Mirror in Procreate Using the Drawing Guide
The Drawing Guide function in Procreate is a terrific way to create illustrations and other artworks more correctly and quickly. Rather than starting from the beginning and finishing your drawing, the feature mirrors lines or any design you generate on one side of the layer on the other. To access and activate the functionality, follow the instructions below.
- On your iOS device, open Procreate and tap the Wrench icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click Canvas and turn on the switch next to Drawing Guide from the list of choices and tabs presented.
- Select Edit Drawing Guide from the drop-down menu.
- Three alternative drawing options are available at the bottom of the screen: 2D Grid, Isometric, and Perspective, as well as the Symmetry option, for a total of four options. We’ll use Symmetry to mirror artwork.
- As you can see from this image, after selecting the symmetry option, you’ll see further Symmetry options below the page.
- You can begin creating your painting, artwork, or illustration once you’ve picked the appropriate choices.
How to Mirror your Drawing in Procreate?
In Procreate, you have two options for mirroring your drawing. You can, for example, mirror the contents of a layer if you’ve drawn something.
- The arrow button should be pressed. It’s on the left side of the upper menu bar.
- At the bottom of the screen, a menu bar appears.
- Select “Freeform” from the drop-down menu.
- You may now mirror your drawing in both horizontal and vertical directions.
Step to Use other Mirror Tools
You can make a mirrored or symmetrical drawing right away, in addition to using the simple mirror tool.
- Select Settings (wrench icon). A pop-up window will appear. After that, go to Canvas and turn on the Drawing Guide.
- Select Edit Drawing Guide from the drop-down menu.
- You can choose from 2D Grid, Isometric, Perspective, and Symmetry in the lower menu box. Isometrics can be used to draw patterns, for example. It’s also possible to draw a circle with it. If you wish to draw things that must be symmetrical, select Symmetry.
Answers to some of the most common queries about how to mirror on Procreate may be found here.
Q:- In Procreate, how do you flip a canvas?
In addition to a variety of other artwork alterations, Procreate’s Freeform tool allows you to flip your drawing. To utilize Freeform to flip your canvas, activate the Freeform tab beneath your sketching canvas by clicking the Arrow icon on the top bar. You can choose to have your artwork flipped horizontally or vertically.
Q:- Why can’t my Procreate draw anything but straight lines?
If you have Drawing Assist turned on, your Procreate software may only draw straight lines. To disable it, go to Actions and then Preferences by selecting the wrench icon in the top bar. Deactivate all Assisted Drawing settings by going to Gesture Controls >Assisted Drawing.
Continue the deactivation process by going to the Drawing Guides screen and turning off Drawing Assist if it’s turned on. Open the Actions tab, then click Edit Drawing Guide to make sure Drawing Assist is disabled on the layer.
Q:- Why isn’t my ColorDrop on Procreate working?
If your ColorDrop in Procreate is filling in beyond a shape or artwork, you can address the problem by increasing the ColorDrop Threshold at the top of your canvas. If the ColorDrop Threshold line reads 100 percent or even a lower value, simply drag the Threshold line down to a value where the ColorDrop covers the artwork adequately.
Q:- How can I disable Procreate’s Drawing Guide and Drawing Assist?
To disable Drawing Guide, go to Actions (click the wrench icon at the top of the screen) and toggle off the switch next to Drawing Guide. If the problem persists, enter the Actions panel again and select Gesture Controls from the Preferences tab. Turn off Apple Pencil by clicking Assisted Drawing.
After you’ve established this change, you may go ahead and deactivate (or enable) drawing assistance for a specific layer. To do so, tap the layer thumbnail in the top right corner of the screen, then untick (or check) Drawing Assist for the layer in question.
Q:- How Do I Turn Off Procreate’s Symmetry Tool?
By going to Actions and turning off Drawing Guide, you can disable the Symmetry tool.
While the Symmetry option allows you to replicate an artwork or sketch on the opposite side of your canvas, you might wish to turn it off when working with non-symmetrical materials.
It should be simple to mirror or make symmetrical drawings in Procreate. And this blog demonstrated how accurate that is by demonstrating where Procreate’s “mirroring tool” can be found, as well as providing you with some design ideas for each Symmetry option.
It’s now up to you to choose which sort of animation, illustration, or artwork you want to produce with the Symmetry tool in Procreate.
The article also answers some of the queries you could have about Mirroring and working on Procreate. It may appear difficult to utilize and master the Procreate Symmetry tool if you’re just getting your head around it. However, as you practice with the tool, you will become more familiar with it.
If you found this post helpful, please let us know in the comments section, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them.