Creating the breakout Rooms In google meet is an easy task, but only then when you understand the process. If you are not aware of breakout rooms in google meet, don’t worry we are going to explain everything about Google Meet Breakout Rooms.
Whenever you create a group on google meet, and at the same time, you also want to keep separate all the participants. Here comes the Google Meet Breakout Rooms.
Using this method you can divide all the participants into different groups and once divided them, you can access that group only. Google meet allows you to create up to 100 rooms in a call, I think that is more than enough?
Although the participants can’t record the session or live-stream. Mainly breakout rooms are useful for those, who need to discuss and collaborate with the team members.
So we hope you have understood what breakout rooms in google meet. Now let’s dive into our main topic and find out how to create Google Meet Breakout Rooms easily.
How to Create Google Meet Breakout Rooms?
Creating the Google Meed Breakout Rooms is an immensely easy task, and you can create up to 100 breakout rooms. Follow the given steps below:
- Launch the Google meet and start a video call on it.
- Tap on the activities icon. (Generally available on the top right corner)
- Now click on the break-out room button.
- You can see a pencil icon, click on it and choose the number from 1 to 100 to create breakout rooms you want to make.
- Once you create successfully the participants are distributed from the room. There are a couple of ways for moving the people from one room to another. You can enter the user’s name into the room, or you can drag the user’s.
- You can see an option Open Room, at the right bottom of your screen click on it for activating the created room.
- The room user may ask you for help, you will get a message to join the user’s room by clicking on the join button, or you can choose the latter option from the display screen.
Read more: Does Walmart Buy Used Phones?
How to Use the Google Meet Breakout Rooms?
Using the Google Meet Breakout Rooms is as simple as having a coffee on your bed and watching your favorite show on Netflix. We won’t make it complicated for you, you can find the simple steps for using google meet breakout rooms.
- First, launch the app and start a video call.
- Bottom of the screen, you can find activities click on it then Breakout rooms.
- Choose the number of rooms (1 to 100) under the breakout room.
- Now call the participants and click on the open rooms at the bottom of the right side.
- That’s it !!!
How to Auto/Manually Assign Students on the Fly?
- As soon as you start your class, it will ask you to choose the number of rooms. Once all the students joined the google meet room, simply click on the Assign Breakout Rooms Ad Hoc to find the students and entire breakout rooms.
- Now you will have two options to assign the students, you can click on the random assigning or manually. If you click on the randomly assigned, it will automatically do, and if you select manually then drag the students to each room.
- When you completed the assigned work, a pop-up will say Please click once you have the group assignments the way you want them.
- Click on the button, it will enable you to copy the links to every breakout room.
- Copy the link and paste it into the student’s meeting chat to check out their assignment.
Read more: How to Get a Refund from DoorDash?
How To Get The Breakout Room Extension On Google Meet?
The process to get the breakout room extension on google meet is immensely easy. Find the step-by-step guide for the same.
- First of all, create a fresh google calendar event.
- Now find the google meet video conferencing and tap on it.
- As we mentioned above, choose the participant by drag and drop or typing the username.
- Now go to the conference settings.
- On the left side of your screen, you can find the breakout rooms.
- Click on the Save button.
We covered up everything about Google Meet Breakout Rooms, but it may be you still have some questions, so for that, we have kept the FAQs below. You can find some of the common questions people are looking for.
Read more: How to get Adobe Photoshop for Free?
#1. Is Google meet breakout rooms free?
Yes, Google Meet and Google Meet Breakout Room are completely free to use. But to access it, you will have to have a Gmail ID, and fortunately, it is also free. You can use your Gmail account for breakout rooms.
#2. How Many Rooms Can I Create In Breakout Rooms?
As we mentioned above, you can create up to 100 rooms in Google Meet Breakout Rooms.
#3. Can you save breakout rooms in Google meet?
We are sorry to inform you but you can’t save the breakout room.
#4. Can I Live Stream the Breakout Room?
No, You can’t. Users can’t live stream breakout rooms. Not only the live stream but also not possible for the users to record the sessions.
#5. How long is a Google meet code?
If you are searching for a Meeting code only, then it lasts up to 365 after the last use. Where breakout room validity expires right after the host ends the meetings.
Read more: How to Change Emoji Color on Android?
Google Meet is one of the popular platforms to interact with your team, colleagues, or school members. Google meet allows you to create a google meet breakout room, where you can easily divide the members into pieces.
In this post, we have shared with you the complete guide about Google meet breakout rooms. Along with that, we also covered how to assign members to the fly, how to get the breakout room extension, and how to use the google meet breakout room.
We hope this article was helpful for you. If you still have any questions or suggestions regarding this, you can leave us a comment below.
You may also like: